- The GerBI Network represents the interests of researchers, professionals and Core Facilities in Germany involved in microscopy and image data analysis. It fosters interaction and information exchanges within the community, between scientists and engineers, among academia and industry, and represents the interests of its members at funding bodies. GerBI facilitates bundling of core microscopy imaging infrastructure between German research institutes and universities and aims to improve access to specialised equipment and expertise within the microscopy community. The GerBI network promotes cooperation with organisations and groups operating in related research and technology fields in Germany and throughout the world and encourages participation of German microscopy centres in the European infrastructure project Euro-BioImaging.
- GerBI facilitates a wide range of activities which support and provide further training and professional development to researchers and core facilities within the field of microscopy and image data analysis. These include; training providers and users of imaging technologies, information dissemination, annual conferences and facilitating collaboration across the German national network of Core Facilities. The GerBI network supports the common interests among its members via provision of resources, support and operation assistance to members. GerBI is also involved in public outreach on topics related to microscopy and image analysis in the life sciences.
- Select from the following focus areas to find out more about the activities offered by GerBI.
- GerBI Core Facility Management Course: A course tailored to the specific needs of Core Facility managers.
- Job Shadowing: Visiting program for Core Facility staff
- One Place for GerBI: Training courses for Core Facility staff.
- GerBI Hotline
Coordinators of German BioImaging
The coordinators of German BioImaging are Elisa May (Bioimaging Center of the University of Konstanz) and Roland Nitschke (Life Imaging Center at the University of Freiburg), who also acts as Industry Coordinator.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Facility Directors or the GerBI Project Manager (see below for details).
Project Manager of German BioImaging
Steering Committee of German BioImaging
The Steering Committee meets regularly. Minutes are published in the News section on Main page.